Dungeons and Dragons 4e NPC Store
The following rules are considered to be in effect in this setting
Level Based EnhancementAs presented in the DMG2, the following modifiers will be applied to all characters as they progress in level
- +1 to Attack and Damage rolls at levels 2, 7, 12, 17, 22 and 27
- +1 to AC, Fort, Reflex and Will at levels 4, 9, 14, 19, 24 and 29
Magic Items and Money
There will be magic items, however, such items will not normally have a numercial bonus (ie bonus to hit/damage). They will still have magic properties, but attack and damage bonuses are now built into level advancement.
This is a dark world, forsaken by the gods. There are no deities powering divine sources. No cleric, paladins, avengers, etc.Variant Rules
- You can use your move action to help an adjacent prone ally to their feet.
- Natural 1 on a skill check is an auto-fail for all rolls that have time pressure or immediate penalties associated with them.
- Natural 1 on an attack roll grants combat advantage until the start of that character/monsters next turn
- Drinking a potion or elixir provokes opportunity attacks.
- You may use generic backgrounds (Dark Sun backgrounds pending release of game setting)
- Failing to “Aid Another” hinders the overall roll by 2 (cumulative) for all rolls that have time pressure or immediate penalties associated with them.